Monday, July 28, 2008

Fred Hackett

Today I am taking a special time out to file a grievance with the State Bar of Texas. Fred Hackett is the person who was responsible for a great deal of my trouble with Taxmasters. He is in my humble opinion the biggest of the Taxmaster scoundrels. I read something in Money magazine recently about how it is considered unethical to take people's money for services you know they can't afford or that you know you can't deliver. Mr. Hackett did both in my case. I don't know how he sleeps at night. There is a special ring of hell for people like Mr. Hackett. Lawyers wonder why people love to hate them; Mr. Hackett is the poster child for such sentiment. I saw that his specialty is criminal - yah - because he is a criminal.

I think I might also send a note to:

Ms. Kay Sim
Houston Bar Association
1001 Fannin Suite 1300
Houston, TX 77002
713.759.1133
kays@hba.org
www.hba.org

I know I'm not getting my money back, but I am going to kick and scream about it. I spoke with a guy at the state Commerce Commissioner's office. He said flat out this happens all the time and they can't do anything about it. He suggested I look at this experience as an investment in an education that I couldn't get anywhere else. Well sort of. I could have walked alone through downtown at about 2 am and gotten mugged for a lot less.

It's really hard to get up the gumption to write letters; I have to though. I wouldn't forgive myself if I could have and didn't do something to prevent some other poor slob from getting scammed by these thugs.

So here's his info:

State Bar of Texas

MR. FRED. V. HACKETT
TMIRS Enterprises, Ltd. (a.k.a. Taxmasters)
900 Town & Country Lane, Suite 400
Houston, TX 77024
Phone: (281) 497-4226
Fax: (713) 463-2995

AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Criminal, Family
Texas State Bar Number 24001232
Admitted to State Bar in 1998, 1997 graduate of Thurgood Marshall School of Law

Courts of Admittance:
U.S. District Courts - Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas

Firm: TMIRS Enterprises LTD
Firm Size: 2 to 5
Occupation: In-House/Corporate Counsel
Primary Practice Areas: No information reported by attorney


My next mission is to figure out what to do about Ms. Theresa Petrie. She told me I should have known that they couldn't have done anything for me and that basically it was my fault for letting them scam me. It must be nice to be Ms. Petrie. Well, no, that's not true at all. What goes around comes around and Ms. Petrie has certainly racked up a raft of bad karma.

No comments: