Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Next Steps

I got a reply from the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility [offprofresp@irs.gov]. As mentioned earlier they only deal with individuals not companies. I did a little research and I think that these people are the ones at TaxMasters who are registered to practice with the IRS:

Autry Griggs, CAFNo. 0303-86583R, Paoji Patel, CAF No. 0304-76311R, and Teresa Petrie, CAF No. 0303-94322R.

I sent their names along in hopes that the IRS might be able to prevent these folks from hurting other people.

A complaint packet from the Harris County Texas District Attorney (713-755-5836) is on its way to me. The gal I spoke to said that complaints are "streaming in." It's satisfying that people are fighting back against this fraudulent company.

I am holding on to my belief that 'what goes around comes around.' I hope I'll be able to see TaxMasters get their comeuppance.

No comments: